The Dodge 48RE transmission’s low mainline pressure at a lighter throttle pedal position can cause shudder and slippage. When engaged with the push button switch mounted on the dash, the Pressure Controller increases mainline pressure by mimicking higher throttle positions, preventing mid-range convertor shutter and clutch/band slippage. This pressure increase is at its greatest during light throttle positions and ramps towards stock pressures as the pedal gets closer to full throttle when the extra pressure is no longer needed. The Pressure Controller is designed to almost eliminate all shuttle shifting with light throttle and as an added feature, this unit slightly holds or delays shifting to prevent lugging and improve transmission function – reduces shift flare and gear hunting. Easily plugs inline with factory-sealed connectors making for a clean installation and has three different levels. Excellent for vehicles with performance modules!
- Prevents mid-range convertor shutter and clutch/band slippage
- Reduces shift flare and gear hunting
- Increases mid-range transmission line pressure
- Plugs into TTVA motor for quick install
- Push button control
- 3 different levels
- Easily plugs in-line with factory-sealed connectors
- Excellent for vehicles with CARB-approved performance modules!