The rear cylinders on the 5.9/6.7L Cummins suffer from a lack of coolant flow, and therefore, experience the highest coolant temperatures. This can cause excessive pressure to build in the cooling system, especially the rear of the block and blow out freeze plugs externally, or the smaller diameter plugs under the valve cover, leading to a failure. Our coolant bypass kit adds a secondary thermostat, that unlike other brands, works based on temperature instead of excessive pressure. This solves the problem before pressure becomes an issue by ensuring consistent temperatures across all six cylinders.
- 2007.5-2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Includes Secondary Thermostat
- Head Removal Not Required For Installation
- Available with Braided Nylon or Braided Stainless Steel Hose
- Ensures Consistent Coolant Temperature Across All Cylinders
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
Factory installed transmission fluid heat exchangers are uncommon. For customers with a 6.7L that has a heat exchanger, a heater tube can be purchased at your local Chrysler Dealership (PN:68048997AA) to complete the installation.